Last week, the Board of Trustees met. Continuing members and new members are getting to know one another and figuring out how we will work together. We attended to business items, including:
- Authorized the plans to renovate the pulpit, following the congregational endorsement of the project at the June 12 Special Meeting
- Gratefully received a donation to cover the cost of the renovation
- Approved the job description presented by the Personnel Committee for an Assistant Music Director. This position replaces the Youth Choir Director, and includes some of the work that Erin Lane had been doing, especially in the last two years.
- Joyfully accepted a new member: Jan Jackson
- Voted to authorize Bob Watts, Gail Forsyth-Vail, and Rev. Tess Baumberger as Unitarian Universalist Association General Assembly delegates. Several members of the Board were also authorized as “business-only” delegates, which is a brand-new category. This allows North Parish representatives to cast all of the seven votes we are entitled to cast in the election of UUA Board and Committee members. Note: Rev. Lee and Kerry Anne Kilkelly are also attending General Assembly as religious professionals.
- Made preliminary plans for a Board retreat in July. Among the topics for deep reflection at the retreat will be the re-invigoration and renewal of our lay leadership team.
Thank you to the lay leaders and the North Parish staff who continue to keep things moving in this, our beloved faith community!